With stunning beaches, breathtaking overlooks, and lush forests, Kauai is the perfect tropical paradise for any getaway. When you book a vacation rental from Kauai Exclusive Management, you’ll have all the comforts of home while being close to the attractions and activities that bring visitors to this island year after year. Your vacation is the perfect time to unplug and decompress from the busyness of life. There’s no better way to do this than lacing up your boots and exploring some of the best hikes in Kauai.
The Top 5 Kauai Hiking Trails
Whether you are an avid hiker or someone who enjoys more of a leisurely nature walk, there are plenty of amazing trails to pick from. With rentals on three of the most popular sides of the island, you’ll be close to a number of trails regardless of where on the island you call home base.
- Makawehi Lithified Cliffs: Next to Shipwreck Beach, hike along the ancient limestone sea cliffs. This hike, which usually takes one to two hours depending on how far along the shore you walk, is a great hike to bring kids on.
- Awa’awapuhi Trail: This hike is an excellent option if you are looking for something a bit challenging. The roughly 6-mile trail starts at Kōkeʻe State Park and takes you through Nāpali-Kona Forest Reserve.
- Nounou East ‘Sleeping Giant’ Trail: You’ll enjoy breathtaking views as you hike along this roughly 3.5-mile round trip trail. Make your way through a shady forest as you work your way toward the mountain peak.
- Kuilau Ridge Trail: While this trail is around a 4-mile round trip, it’s on the easier side. You’ll hike your way through lush vegetation while catching views of Mount Waialeale and Kawaikin.
- Maha’ulepu Heritage Trail: Shipwreck Beach to Punahoa Point: Make your way along the 3.7-mile seaside trail from Shipwreck Beach to Mahaulepu Beach near Kawailoa Bay. Take your time to discover sea cliffs, dunes, tie pools, petroglyphs, and sculpted lava formations during your hike.
Whichever hike you embark on, be sure to bring your camera with you to capture the views along the way.
Book Your Paradise Escape with Kauai Exclusive
Whether you’re hoping to stay on the North, South, or East shores, Kauai Exclusive Management has a luxury vacation rental perfect that fits your needs and budget. Select from a range of accommodations, including penthouses, condos, homes, and suites. Rest easy knowing you have a warm and relaxing place to unwind in after a day hiking Kauai’s trails. To learn more about our accommodations, please call us at 1-877-465-2824.