Kauai is called the “Garden Island” for a reason. Hawaii’s fourth-largest island is covered in lush greenery and majestic mountains. One of the best ways to experience this beauty is by driving along the different shores of the island. During your stay at a vacation home from Kauai Exclusive Management, leave a day to explore things to do on the North Shore that’ll have you surrounded by stunning scenery the entire day.
A Guide to What You Can Discover on Kauai’s North Shore
The North Shore is filled with sandy beaches, lush taro fields, impressive mountains, and more. Set off early from your vacation rental to give yourself plenty of time to explore. Kilauea, Hanalei, Haena, Princeville, and Anini all lie on the northern side of Kauai, and each town has fantastic things to do and see.
- See where parts of Gilligan’s Island were filmed by stopping at Moloaa Beach.
- Take in the views from the Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse on the northernmost tip of Kauai. This 52-foot lighthouse was built in 1913 and is one of the most visited attractions on the island. The lighthouse is the centerpiece of the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- Learn about Kauai’s history during your stop at the Waioli Huiia Church and Mission House, which was once home to early Christian missionaries in the 1800s.
- When driving through the town of Hanalei, keep your eyes open for the fields of taro found alongside the colorful shops.
- See native plants at Na Aina Kai Botanical Gardens or Limahuli Gardens, part of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
- You’ll have plenty of beaches to select from if you want to spend some time relaxing and soaking in the sunshine. Popular beaches include Anini Beach Park and Ke’e Beach.
- During your drive, it’s also fun to just stop and explore the different shops or hiking trails you find along the way.
Discover All That Makes Kauai a Top Vacation Destination
From exploring the variety of things to do during a drive on the North Shore to riding around on a rental bike or wandering hiking trails, there’s no shortage of ways to experience Kauai. With vacation rentals on three sides of the island, Kauai Exclusive Management has a wide variety of rentals to choose from.
Our luxurious accommodations range from penthouses to homes and everything in between. No matter what property you select, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a relaxing getaway to paradise. Each rental is unique and comes with a range of amenities, so you can find one that fits your needs best.
To learn more about our rentals and availability, call 1-877-465-2824 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff members.
Ready to Book Your Kauai Vacation?
Click below to view our beautiful vacation rentals and book online!