For anyone planning a visit to Kauai, it won’t take long to discover the Hawaiian island is home to endless breathtaking natural wonders. There’s a reason it has earned the nickname The Garden Isle. From taking in waterfront views while dining at a beachfront restaurant to making your way to a panoramic lookout, there are countless ways to experience Mother Nature’s beauty. Another excellent adventure for anyone staying at a luxury rental from Kauai Exclusive Management is checking out some of the stunning waterfalls found on Kauai.
A Guide of 5 Waterfalls to Hike To
The journey to reach the waterfalls on Kauai is as unique as the natural attractions themselves. Some are easy and an excellent option for those visiting with children, while others are more suited for experienced hikers. Before setting off on your waterfall hike, be sure to check out the trail information to make sure it’s something your group can handle. We promise the effort to reach the sights is worth it!
- Found on the west side of Kauai is Waipoo Falls. The falls near Waimea are broken into two parts. The first is a short fall, while the second can be viewed from one of the lookouts on Waimea Canyon road or by hiking a trail to the top.
- One of the most popular options is Wailua Falls. The two streams drop 80 feet below and are visible from the road. We recommend trying to get there in the morning as you might be able to see a rainbow as well.
- Considered one of the most accessible major waterfalls on Kauai, ‘Opaeka’a Falls are over 100 feet tall and 40 feet wide. Found on the East Side, there are signs that direct visitors to the roadside lookout.
- Ho’opi’i Falls are actually a series of two waterfalls found on the more residential side of Kapa’a. Because the trailhead is in a residential area, be mindful as you start your journey. The hike is about a two-mile path that is on the more challenging side.
- Found within the Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park is Hanakapiai Falls. Considered a highly challenging route, we recommend this 7.7-mile trail to only the most seasoned hikers.
Enjoy a Tranquil Kauai Getaway
Whether hiking to waterfalls or visiting Old Town Koloa, there is no shortage of things to do on a Kauai vacation. Each side of the island is unique and home to memorable adventures. Be close to them all by reserving a rental from Kauai Exclusive Management. Our collection of luxury home and condo rentals includes properties found on three of the most popular sides of the island.
After a long day of adventure, there’s nothing better than getting away from the crowds. All of our Kauai vacation rentals have everything you need to unwind after a day of exploration. Take time browsing our properties to find the one that meets all your wants and needs.
Click below to view our beautiful vacation rentals and book online!