Kauai was recently named one of the top 10 islands to visit in the United States, voted by readers of USA Today. It comes as no surprise that Kauai made the list, coming in at #8, but it is surprising that it was the only Hawaiian island to make the list.
Discover the beauty of Kauai
Kauai is known for its scenic tropical landscape and is the perfect place for those that like adventure, exploration, and discovery, making it a desirable vacation spot for many. Although we feel Kauai could easily be at the #1 spot, we understand it all depends on preference, and sometimes even what is easiest - Kauai is, after all, a 5+ hour flight from the US Mainland, but that's also what makes it so appealing - you're a 5+ hour flight from the Mainland. Talk about escaping to paradise...
Other Factors that Make Kauai a Desirable Vacation Spot
- Kauai has 50 miles of gorgeous, better-than-Hollywood-movie beaches
- Kauai is called "The Garden Island" and is known for its lush botanical gardens
- Kauai is the oldest, northernmost island of the Hawaiian chain, providing more beauty, beaches, and a better "taste of Hawaii" than any of the other major islands
- Kauai boasts endless activities, including hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, and much more
- Kauai is the only Hawaiian island with a navigable river - providing even more vacation activity options
- Kauai is a relatively remote island, but still has modern day conveniences, like 5 star resorts and oceanfront dining
- Kapaa, Kauai was named by Forbes as one of America's prettiest towns to travel to
Here are some pictures of Kauai, so you can see for yourself why so many people fall in love with this island:
Imagine vacationing here...
Colorful Kauai sunsets are just one of the island's beautiful sights
Island beauty as far as the eye can see
Every part of Kauai just drips with beauty
Soak in the sights of Kauai
Sure, Kauai has gorgeous beaches, but it also has interior hidden spots that are just as beautiful!